4300 SW 3rd St (I-40 & Meridian)
(405) 947-7000 or (800) 228-3903 for reservations.
Ask for ShootOut room block:
- $74.99+tax King Bed
- $79.99+tax Two Queens Beds
- Includes Full Hot Breakfast Buffet!
CLICK HERE FOR RESERVATIONS
RV Hookups are available at the VIP RV Lot at the north end of the stall barns and at the Fairgrounds RV park. They can be purchased on site from the fairgrounds staff. No reservations will be taken, but there are approximately 400 RV spots so space shouldn't be a problem. Overnight camping on the fairgrounds with a generator is not allowed!
State Fair Park Coliseum - Oklahoma City, OK
Located just off I-40 and I-44 in Oklahoma City, the State Fair Park has over 1000 indoor stalls and the 10,000 seat Jim Norick Coliseum that is AIR CONDITIONED to help beat the August heat. This is one of only a few opportunities to run barrels in the premier equine facility in the world.
Prize Money and Awards
Prize package includes $11,000 Added Money plus four Fully-Tooled Saddles and many more through our "Heat Awards" program!
- Open 4D with $10,000 added money.
- K9s4Cops 5&Under Futurity Incentive with $1,000 added money.
- Rider based Incentives for Youth (15&Under), Adult (16-49) & Senior (50&Over) riders.
- Payback 80% of entry fees and 100% of added money.
- Money split between divisions: 1D-35%, 2D-30%, 3D-20%, 4D-15%
- Fifteen places/division paid in each Qualifying Round and six places paid in each ShootOut. The purse will be split so that 40% of total purse paid in each Qualifying Round and 20% plus prizes paid in ShootOut Round.
Fully tooled Saddles awarded winner of each ShootOut!
"Heat Awards" Program...
- "Heat Awards" Program offers more prizes to more people!
- Each qualifying round will be split into 10 "heats." Each heat will be treated as a separate barrel race within the barrel race, and prizes will be awarded to the division winners of each heat! No money will be paid in the heats.
- Each entry will only be eligible for one prize from the "heat awards" program. If the same entry wins their heat in the second qualifying round, the award will be given to the second place entry.
$4000 Added Better Barrel Races Oklahoma Regional Finals
- Earn Double Participation AND Points towards Better Barrel Races World Finals and Regional Awards!
- $4000 Added BBR Members Only Sidepot - Saturday Qualifying Round - $50 EF
Event Format and Rules
The Original ShootOut Format combines the handicapping of a 4D format with the excitement of a sweepstakes style finals!
- Each entry includes two qualifying rounds run on a 4D format with 1/2 second splits.
- Fifteen contestants in each division from each qualifying round earn a spot in the ShootOut Round! If a contestant qualifies in both qualifying rounds, additional contestants will be added in the order they placed in the qualifying rounds. If a contestant chooses not to compete in their ShootOut, no additional contestants will be added.
- ShootOut Round consists of four separate ShootOuts - one for each 'D'. Each ShootOut is a sweepstakes style barrel race made up of those 30 contestants who qualified in each respective division in the qualifying rounds.
Barrel Race Rules
- Check-In - All horses must check in and be numbered prior to running. You must present a negative EIA (coggins) test chart AND health papers for each horse brought on the grounds. Your horse's number must be visible and legible (in the opinion of the arena coordinator) before you will be allowed to run.
- Show Office Hours - The show office will be open the following hours: Thursday: 12pm - 8pm, Friday: 8am - 8pm, Saturday: 8am - 8pm, Sunday: 10am - ?
- Running Order - Entries must be postmarked and paid in full by July 19, 2014, to be included in the Main Draw. All entries postmarked after this date will be placed in a separate Add-On Draw to be run at the end of the Main Draw. Only late-entries (those postmarked after the deadline and including a late fee) will be placed in the Add-On Draw! The running order for the second round will be the Main Draw in reverse order followed by the Add-On Draw in reverse order. The Main Draw will be posted on August 5th.
- Gate Calls - The arena coordinator will call the contestants in the next drag to the back of the alley. If you fail to check in with the arena coordinator prior to your run you will be considered a scratch.
- Dress Code - All contestants must wear a long sleeve shirt and boots or "heals down" style shoes, and western hat. Failure to comply with the dress code will result in a disqualification.
- All-Pro Day - During Saturday’s Qualifying Round, Contestants may wear an Official Jersey from your favorite Professional Sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, etc) Team in lieu of a western shirt and hat! Shirt must be a jersey from a professional sports team. College teams do not qualify and logo wear t-shirts do not qualify.
- Qualifying Rounds - Each entry will be entitled to participate in each of the two (2) qualifying rounds. Each qualifying round will be run on a 4D format with 1/2 splits. Forty percent (40%) of the total purse will be paid in each of the qualifying rounds. The number of places paid in each division of the qualifying rounds will depend on the total number of contestants.
- Qualifying for the ShootOut Round - Fifteen different contestants from each division of each qualifying round will be invited back to the ShootOut Round. If a contestant qualifies in both qualifying rounds, additional contestants will be added to the ShootOuts in the order that they placed in the qualifying rounds (i.e. The 16th place contestant from each day will be added before someone placing 17th - regardless of their times.) A contestant may qualify more than one horse for the ShootOut round, but each horse can only qualify for one ShootOut. If a horse qualifies for the ShootOut round in different divisions each day, they will only be invited back to the higher ShootOut. If a qualified contestant chooses not to run in the ShootOut, no additional contestants will be added.
- ShootOut Round - The ShootOut Round is composed of four individual ShootOuts - one for each division. Each ShootOut is a straight, sweepstakes style barrel race. Each of the four ShootOut's will be made up of the thirty (30) contestants who qualified in each respective division. Twenty percent (20%) of the total purse will be paid in the ShootOut round. Six (6) places will be paid in each of the ShootOuts.
- Rider Incentive Races - Incentive races will be offered for youth (15&Under), Adult (16-49) and Senior (50&Over) age groups. Eligibility will be determined by rider's age as of August 13, 2015. 80% of Incentive Race entry fees will be paid out with 50% being paid in the 1st qualifying round and 50% in the second qualifying round. Incentive races will be paid on a 4D format with 1/2 second splits.
- K9s4Cops Futurity Incentive Race - K9s4Cops Futurity Incentive open to futurity horses 5 years and younger. Horse may not have been entered for competition prior to December 1, 2014. 80% of Incentive Race entry fees and 100% of added money will be paid out with 50% being paid in the 1st qualifying round and 50% in the second qualifying round. K9s4Cops Futurity Incentive race will be paid sweepstakes format.
Pre-entry deadline is July 18, 2016
- Pre-entries must be postmarked by July 18, 2016, to be included in the main draw. All other entries must be paid in cash or by money order and must include the $25/entry late fee and will be placed in a separate draw.
- The running order for the second qualifying round will be the pre-entry draw in reverse order followed by the late-entry draw in reverse order.
- All late entries must be paid in cash or by money order. Absolutely no personal checks will be accepted at the event.
- You may draw out for any reason prior to July 18, 2016, with a full refund.
- Between July 19 and Aug 3 (5pm) there will be a $40 charge taken out of your refund.
- Absolutely no refunds, rider substitutions, or vet outs after Aug 3, 2016 (5pm). Horse substitutions will be allowed until the start of the first qualifying round.
Stalls are available for the weekend for $60 each.
- Stalls will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis as entries are received.
- Stalls will be available for ALL entries! Stalls purchased at the event must be paid in cash.
- Stalls include 4 nights (Thursday thru Sunday)!
- Shavings will be available for purchase at the event or you may bring your own.
There will be a trade show at the Summer ShootOut. For additional informtion or vendor rates, please contact us at (405) 364-0274.
There will be ABSOLUTELY no selling of merchandise or professional services on the event grounds, in stalls, or at trailers unless you have a booth space leased.